Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Accept It Or Walk Away



Ernest Hemingway once said
 “If something is wrong, fix it if you can.
But train yourself not to worry:
Worry never fixes anything.” 

I can worry and worry about this house being a wreck..........
nothing will change it's condition 



if all I am doing is obsessing 
about it's shabby broken down state..

I need to accept it 
 the way it is and get geared up for the long challenging road ahead, 
or walk away and accept the loss.
That is if I want peace in my head and in my life.
But If I want to change it... I will have to do it.
When I say change it , I mean the ' house.' 

We really can not change very much in our lives.
We can change ourselves....if that. 
And if you have tried to change any core personality traits of your own 
you know how difficuly it is.
Not impossible.
Difficult.
I just need to decide where I want to be......
or here!!


....Needless to say I am reflecting on things in my own life.
How hard is it for you to accept situations that upset you?
I know it is simple in concept, but it is not always easy.


p.s. Hemingway's words do not lend too much encouragement for me 
considering how his own personal story ended..
I know he suffered from depression....
and worry and negative thinking is how it takes it's first baby steps in to your head.
Or, at least MINE.

hugs & xxx's

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her BLOG.....
Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton,Ft.Lauderdale,Design Service, Window Treatments, TurnKey Interior Design Service,Paint selection, Floor-Plans,Online Interior Design,
Design Center of The Americas, D.C.O.T.A., Accept it or walk away
Share/Save/Bookmark