Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Banquettes and Breakfast Nooks

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Waterleaf Interiors via DecorPad
I'm an early riser for the most part. If I sleep in, I feel like I'm wasting part of the day (especially during those long so-much-of-the-day-is-light days of summer - is it here yet? :-)). 
House Beautiful Photo Joe Schmelzer
The very first thing I do when I get up is make a big mug of chai tea, and I typically drink it at my desk. I look forward to it every morning!
Veranda Photo Miguel Flores-Vianna

I wonder, though, if I had a cozy little breakfast nook if I might change my habit of sitting at my desk and start my morning there instead. The idea really appeals to me...

I think I would have to have some very interesting and/or textural chairs at my table.
Traditional Home Photo John Bessler

And some great pillows...
Elle Decor Photo Roger Davies

And I would absolutely have a pendant light like this one...
Liz Williams Interiors

How about you all? Do you have a breakfast nook, or would you like one?
BHG.com

No matter where you're starting your day today, I hope it's a great one!