Friday, September 12, 2008

The Earl of Spenser - Al Thorpe Living History - Furniture

Who can forget this man reading the eulogy for Princess Diana ?
That's Right, this is her brother, the Earl of Spenser.
I think he is a dashing man.
The Earl of Spenser is in Tampa today signing some of the pieces of furniture that have been made to exactly duplicate ( about 40% of the collection ) furniture from his family estate going back some 400 hundred years.
He wants to leave his family home in a better condition than he found it, so he has taken part in this business venture.
I would love to take a closer look at this piece, it would suit me just fine. When I am doing floor plans for clients I usually do not use a huge blueprint sheet, I use a smaller sheet that will fit 1-4 rooms at 1/4 " scale. So this would be perfect instead of my drafting table