Saturday, January 10, 2009

OK, No Kidding, This Is Where I Want To Live And Work

"When Healdsburg interior designer Myra Hoefer met San Francisco landscape architect Todd Cole a tears ago, she didn't know they would one day engage in a friendly scuffle over designing his weekend home in Cloverdale. But when he hired her for the job, she could see it wouldn't be easy. "  
( Can you relate ? LOL)
This is so what I love. This entrance had me at "hello". 
I always like things that have multiple functions. This was a warehouse originally. 
The owner restored the original sign as I would have.
My favorite piece of  jewelry is a watch. It does two things, it is beautiful and tells me what time it is. This house is similar, it was a warehouse, and now it is a home.   
That is very interesting and appealing to me.                      
I like to use mechanical antiques for home accessories because they can do something ( if they are in really good shape ), they can be fascinating to your guests. These are treasured 'ice breakers' ( for me , because I often feel weird around new people outside of the work environment ) for the awkward moments. You or your guest can always segway over to the interesting piece and say; "tell me about this " or "let me tell you about this", but almost certainly, your guest will ( especially if it's me ).

I think that I want to recreate this concept for myself somewhere, somehow. 
I do not care for most of the upholstered pieces, and some of the case goods,                                  but "man o man"  I do love this place.
I have done gorgeous polished and stained concrete floors for clients that looked almost identical to these ( mine were a tad lighter , but in the same earth tones ).

Do you see the drafting table in the back - left side of the room ???? I have a drafting table in my living room because it is the brightest , and most airy room in the house with a view of my garden/courtyard.
OK with this ????  It looks just like a bedroom made for me, there is even a place right next to the bed for my riding boots !!
Now this is just 'alright' for an entrance, but it is a warehouse , right ?

This is the very CHIC couple that live in the house on weekends.
She is wearing my signature look, a big white shirt-with the collar up , and with her fabulous thick horn rimmed glasses close at hand.
You can tell that he is cool ( and happy ) too.

I wonder what kind of watches they wear ?

I am so sorry, you will have to google ' France in Cloverdale' to read more .
It is on google and it is in the San Francisco Chronicle.
(I still am working on a 'mac' and it is not friendly with my blog)

( enlarge any picture for more info and a closer look )

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her blog of her Adventures in Design