Thursday, February 18, 2010

Creative Decorating Ideas - 7

marthastewart.com

Time for another mish mash of ideas to spark your decorating creativity!

Many of you may have already seen the idea in the first photo of cutting a table in half and mounting one half to the wall for a console table, but it's a good one!

I really love this next idea! It would be an inexpensive dining solution, but it wouldn't look like you were trying to save money. I think it's more of an "I'm not an ordinary decorator" statement. Don't you? The muddy chartreuse color of the table really makes it the focal point and the skirted bench slipcovers add a level of sophistication. The simple chartreuse detail on the skirt ties the look together. Did I mention yet that I love it? Well, I do. :-)

House Beautiful Photo Ellen McDermott

This folding screen not only softens the corner but provides an unexpected place to hang your art. Notice the unframed art leaning against the lamp...

House Beautiful Photo Ellen McDermott

Rather than making a headboard from shutters, they've chosen to shutter the entire focal wall in this bedroom. Notice how they've also incorporated two desks into the design. The texture of the chairs softens the look.
House Beautiful Photo Ken Hayden

I like the framed wallpaper on either side of this bed. I think if it were my room I would finish it off with a mirror in the middle, though. Just a personal preference.

houseandhome.com Photo Ted Yarwood


Have a great day!