Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy Friday! Keeping my focus...

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Country Living  Photo Erika McConnell

Can you believe next Thursday is Thanksgiving already?

I have to admit, I was getting a little overwhelmed realizing how close it was and thinking about what I wanted to get done prior... you know. Probably what everyone feels at least one or two times before you get company for the holidays.

But then I found this cute card that was hand made and given to me by my nieces and nephew, on my husband's side of the family, a few years ago. We played games more that year than we had in previous years and we had so much fun. We laughed. a LOT...

Looking at this note still brings both a smile and a tear (I'm emotional, what can I say?).

It reminded me that decorating, cooking/baking, shopping and all of that can be fun (and, at times, stressful), and I won't quit posting about it because that's what we do on this blog.  But many times I can't even remember from one year to the next what my decorations were or what food I made.  What I do remember is the time spent and memories created with family and friends (no, this photo isn't my family :-))
Country Living

Speaking of games, I couldn't resist sharing these Chocolate Domino Cookies from Country Living. How cute are they? I wonder if you could make scrabble cookies? :-)

How about you? What special things have you done in the past or will you do this year to create special memories?
Country Living Photo Jeremy Samuelson
Hope you all have an awesome, stress-free weekend...

Don't forget to enter the giveaway!