Friday, September 25, 2009

Chocolate Anyone?

Canadian House and Home Photo Michael Graydon

It's very rainy here today and a little coolish. This type of weather always puts me in a nesting, baking mood, which of course means chocolate! (Is there any type of baking that doesn't involve chocolate? I'm not aware... :-)) Thus, the very random chocolate post.

I not only love to eat chocolate but I also wear a lot of brown, and I love brown in decorating. It's such a great neutral and, although I've kept this post pretty straight chocolate, brown can be paired with any color. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet... It all works!

Whether it's for your design or your diet, hopefully you'll find a little chocolate inspiration here...

I love this sophisticated bedroom designed by Jennifer Flanders.


Of course I thought this chocolate wallpaper and staircase with the contrasting white was striking, but what really interested me was the fact that they covered the risers with metallic tile and encased the bottom stairs in stainless steel.

Love the milk chocolate walls here. Also love that they mixed up the chair styles. They used a completely different chair here, but you could mix it up just by adding slipcovers to some and not to others.
Southern Living Photo Jeremy Samuelson

A little chocolate graphic punch...
Canadian House and Home Photo Ted Yarwood

My friend introduced me to this David Rio Chocolate Chimp (great name, don't you think?) Chai Tea when she bought it for me as a gift. So good... I typically just buy my chai tea at Sam's Club, but if I really want a treat, this is it!


House Beautiful Photo Jose Picayo

I'm always attracted to a painted, striped floor. Don't have one and don't know that I ever will, but I like them.
House Beautiful Photo Eric Piaseki

Rustic sophistication...
I thought this Pottery Barn vignette fit well into our chocolate scheme, but I especially like the way they layered the mirrors to the side of the chair. Need to find a spot to do that in my house!
Pottery Barn




Speaking of chocolate, I'm making these VERY simple bars for a neighborhood picnic we're having this weekend. They are seriously the most simple things I've ever made and the most asked for. You may already use this recipe, but if you don't you should try it. I also don't know what they're called so if you know, tell me! (They're not Scotcharoos because those use Karo syrup).

BAR RECIPE:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 - 12 oz. pkg butterscotch chips
1 - 12 oz. pkg chocolate chips
6 cups Rice Krispies
Melt the peanut butter and butterscotch chips in the microwave and stir until blended. Add the 6 cups Rice Krispies and mix. Spread in buttered 9 x 13 pan and refrigerate until firm. Melt chocolate chips in microwave and frost the bars. Let them set until chocolate is firm. Cut and serve!

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!

The Shopping Gift Card Giveaway ends this Sunday, September 27th!
Linking this post to Hooked on Fridays! See what everyone else is hooked on.