Monday, September 28, 2009

Mood Board Monday?


Hi! I'm back. Computer seems to be fine after it's little nap. It's done this before and I'm just not sure what the deal is. Maybe I'm on it too much? Very possible.

You may remember that I mentioned in passing last week that I was thinking of starting "Mood Board Monday". I still haven't completely decided how the whole thing will function, and if it will be every Monday or if it will always be done the same way. It just sounds like an idea that could be fun... Your feedback is welcome. I decided at least today's would be more interactive.

I found the trellis fabric above at fabric.com for $8.98 a yard. I really wanted to use it for a mood board for something and the lime was the only color that they had. Then I ran across these window panels at Pier 1 for $34.95 each and, even though I'm going strictly by how they look on the screen, they seem like they would work pretty well with the fabric. But for what? My first thought was a girl's bedroom. I thought the trellis fabric could be used to upholster an inexpensive headboard or make a bedskirt, or both. Or just used to make shams... The trellis fabric could be used on it's own as an accent in any room really if you liked the lime hue.

What room would you like to see it used for, if anything? Would you use the fabric and the window tx together (the pillow is from Target btw) or just the fabric as a starting point for something completely different? Or are you just not liking it at all?

Thanks to Love the Decor for reminding me that The Nester is having her huge 24 hour giveaway. It ends tomorrow night (Tuesday, Sept 29th) so be sure to hop over and register for all of the great prizes!