Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ideas to Bring Home The Beach

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .



Do you ever wish you lived on or by the beach (I could definitely live in the first image in this post!) or would you just love to add a coastal cottage style to your home? If so, you'll want to check out Coastal Living's 21 Ideas to Bring Home The Beach! I really enjoyed reading designer Carter Kay 's tips on ways to bring a coastal vibe into your home (and of course I loved the beautiful images of the home). Here are just some of the images and tips from the Coastal living slideshow:

Nature inspired furniture with pops of color...



A restful ocean-inspired palette, glass accessories, and graphic botanicals...


Textured draperies, beachy brightness, playful upholstery...


Unconventional beach-inspired art, texture, whimsy and wicker chairs...


For more photos, the rest of the 21 tips, and more detail on the tips I've shared here, visit Coastal Living.Photographer J. Savage Gibson

This beachy bedroom was not included in the Coastal Living article, but I saw it when I clicked through to Carter Kay's website and had to include it.



This post has been edited from the original.