Friday, May 14, 2010

Turquoise Art and a Design Tip

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you've had a good week. It's been a busy one for me without much time for posting or blog visiting, but I at least wanted to get this little random post out today in time to tell you HAPPY WEEKEND!


I saw this art by Hope Smith at Target this week. I really like it and am thinking I need to find somewhere to use it in my house. They're only 12 x 12 so they would even fit on a bookshelf. I went to Target's website to find the images for this post, but they evidently only sell these in their stores. Luckily allposters.com sells them as well, so these images are from their site...


On a completely unrelated note... a while back I bookmarked a post on Apartment Therapy that had design tips from designer Kenneth Brown. The design tip that he was demonstrating with the photo below was: "Each room should have at least one unique piece that has a special meaning to you (even if it doesn’t match the decor of the room)." Great advice, and I love the unexpected element of the rustic table in this room!


Hope you all have an awesome weekend!