Monday, August 11, 2008

Armless Sofas and Chairs







This is a room I custom made an armless sectional for.This space was so small - it was a breakfast area, the client wanted it to be a family room/media room.
In the end it did work out well. I used Wall Mounted flat screen TVs
and custom media towers that were very shallow and hid a myriad
of problems.

I can not say enough about armless chairs and sofas.
There are no arms to go out of style. I love that !

Something else I love about an armless sofa is
that you gain approximately 24” in a room.
With some of those tiny spaces that architects and builders
have the nerve to call rooms you can actually make a functional
living room or den with these armless pieces.

When designing my jobs, that is one of my little tricks
I try and incorporate in the design of a tight space.

I want everything to look current but have a Timeless & Classic feel.
And if you skirt the sofa, there are no legs to look dated either.
Today most sofas legs can be changed. They literally screw on and off

What is of greater value than to be able update your room by a fresh paint job,
Maybe recover a piece or two,
new fabric throw pillows and a few interesting accessories ?


http://www.mgbwhome.com/Rennie_chr_uph.asp
Bloomingdale's Furniture carries this line.

To make a sectional do not forget you will need a corner or 1 of the pieces made
with a corner as part of the sofa.