Friday, August 8, 2008

clignancourt - paris flea market


Firstly, I am quite sorry that I am late with the post today. But I thought I would just chat about how much character CLOCKS can give a room.
One of my favorite things to do is to shop for accessories for my clients in Paris. You just get on the Metro ( it is the only way to travel in Paris for any distance ) and your destination stop is :Porte de Clignancourt. Once you get off you are there. It is only 1 or 2 streets away.
Officially the flea market is called: ( who knew ? )Les Puces de Saint-Quen.
I have been going there for years and always called it 'The Clingnancourt Flea Market'....and I always found it and always spent a lot of money and shipped a lot home for clients.
I get nutty just thinking about it.
There are many items in my published interiors and on this site that have items I have brought back. One is a big wall clock you will see it in the post above or below this one.
I must say the last time I went , many shops have gone out of business. And the prices have increased. But.....upstairs there is a little restaurant that the exporters ( oooh , I guess I'm one ) and the shop keepers eat at, great red cabbage soup. I always go in February so that maybe I get my shipment by June !
It is always worth the wait.
If you go....happy hunting.

Interior Design, Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Window Treatments, Custom Design, Paint, Color Coordination, Online Interior Design