Monday, August 11, 2008

Painted Cabinet from : San Miguel Allende

Well, according to all the Home Furnishing Journals....Painted Furniture is on it's way back ! Did it ever really go away ?

Back in the early nineties I was designing at a small Home Furnishing Place in Boca Raton called 'Casa Casa', we eventually opened another store on Worth Avenue in Palm Beach across from 'Devonshire' ( I think that is the name ) and just down the street from 'Johnny Brown'.

We did very well with this stuff. The stores were opulent, alot of eye candy. This piece is not a very good example of what they can produce in Mexico. And this would have been inexpensive compared to our other custom painted pieces.

At any rate , I could never live with more than one piece of it. But it would really have to be right. I guess in all those years I never did find one I could live with, because even though I could buy it below cost....there are none in my home.

I have to admit I was relieved when I was out of that store and started my own business.
I found it like wearing handcuffs to work with it.