Thursday, December 11, 2008

Let Me Be Sally Bowles For One Night


When I saw these pendants...........Sally Bowles, the lead character in Cabaret came to mind. I was just a kid when I saw the film. It was so great, Liza Minnelli was so great in it, that it ' Made Her' . Her famous family didn't hurt any either.

I could definitely see these Jake Phipps pendant lighting fixtures in a woman's dressing room or closet.

Maybe even over a pair of sinks in the bath. I think any of these fixtures would be the bomb in a boys room, or even better, in a powder room. Jake Phipps hit the jackpot when he dreamt these up.

Just think , you are all alone , so you put The Cabaret Soundtrack on really loud.....pour a glass of wine and begin to relax.

But the lyrics from; ' Don't Tell Mama ' & ' Perfectly Marvelous' won't stop calling.... Yes, it is time to grab the fishnets, hot pants , the bowler, the very high heels, and lastly the black satin halter vest. Now I am feeling it !!
Let's not forget the perfect chair , and THE MAKE -UP !!!! Yes, that's it, I Am Sally Bowles !
Boy, that was fun.... Do you remember doing that for hours as a kid ? ( keep in mind I use the term very loosely )


These are dreamt up and manufactured by Jake Phipps.

I think they are so kicky. Anyone with any sense of style coupled with fun has a place for one of these or a grouping.
You can buy direct from his studio: contact@jakephipps.com

JAKE PHIPPS Dawes Road Studios, 102 Dawes Road, London SW 6 7 EG

( enlarge any picture for more info and a closer look )

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her blog of her Adventures in Design