Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Tides In South Miami Beach -Architectural Touches

I grew up in South Beach, we would skip school ( at Ida M. Fisher Junior High) and go for ice cream at a place called 'Dipper Dans ', which was about 2 blocks from the ocean, and around the corner from The Tides Hotel on South Miami Beach.

Do not water the gold palms in the corner !

I think this is a great architectural touch, I see these as architectural accessories.

Really glamorous !

Turtle soup anyone ???

Seriously elegant, but I am hoping they are fake.

I love these dividers, and they are easy enough to recreate.

A suite at The Tides.



A super long chesterfield....more classic elegance.


The Martini Bar at The Tides

Notice the DECO touches.




( enlarge any picture for more info and a closer look )

Renee Finberg 'TELLS ALL' in her blog of her Adventures in Design

Share/Save/Bookmark