Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green Decorating Inspiration

THIS POST IS FROM ROOM REMIX - THE BLOG .

Country Living Photo Eric Roth

Happy Wednesday everyone! A hodge podge of decorating inspiration in green for you today. I noticed when I finished the post that most of the inspiration had a springy vibe to it. Guess it tells you where my head is at. It's going to be 60 degrees here today! Just a smidge excited about that. :-)

Some casual mixed up dining with a map in BHG.com's Space Savvy Breakfast Room Banquettes.


This is such a bright, fresh color scheme. Puts a smile on my face...

BHG.com

Good inspiration for how to work with sofa placement by the stairs. I love the mirrors and the creative use of two benches slightly offset in front of the sofa. The texture of the sisal rug helps warm up all of the white. And, of course, the green!

Pottery Barn

Southern Living via myhomeideas.com Photo Laurey W. Glenn

BHG.com suggests using die-cut felt placemats to embellish pillows. I recently saw a bunch of placemats at HomeGoods that would work perfectly for this idea.


This BHG.com pillow idea would be adorable for a little girl's room.


Coastal Living Photo J. Savage Gibson

In this photo, they fit two rows of books on each shelf by simply raising the back row of books on a piece of wood that's painted to match the shelves.

idealhomemagazine

Remember the damask shower curtain in this damask pattern inspiration post? I ran across this bathroom at BHG.com. Looks like the same curtain?


Interesting how they just created this round table cloth to fit the size of the table top...

marthastewart.com

Southern Living Photo Laurey W. Glenn/Styling Leigh Anne Montgomery

A fun pop of chartreuse in this black and white color scheme.

BHG.com

This definitely isn't my favorite green, but I like the idea of removing the shelves from the built-in, painting the backs and installing floating ledges instead for a unique look. To see the rest of the DIY projects in this BHG.com living room makeover click here.


This does NOT look like the door I'll be leaving through to check out the warm weather today, but I wish it did! Makes me want to paint my door a wildy fabulous color... :-)

houseandhome.com Photo Angus Fergusson

Have an awesome day!